Children's camp - Summer 2016
We are hosting a traditional Gurukulam style camp for kids, a tradition where students live in and study with the teacher. The camp will be conducted by experienced teachers who have spent years learning the Bhagavad Gita & Upanishads directly from Pujya Sri Swami Dayananda Saraswati and are also well versed in Sanskrit. This camp intends to help children build their character, develop an attitude of reverence & respect towards Indian culture, heritage & knowledge traditions and contribute towards their emotional growth and well-being.
The camp setting is such that children can also develop new skills with a spirit of adventure and fun. The days are designed to be exciting, full of learning and enjoyable. Additionally the kids also learn responsibility and cooperation and gain independence and self-esteem. With experienced teachers, beautiful facilities, and unique variety of activities, we aim to not just provide a fun camp environment, but shape and train young minds.
We are committed to providing a safe, stimulating and challenging environment infused with traditional values. Our program is designed to provide each and every participant with a safe, wholesome, fun-filled, learning camp experience, in a homely atmosphere, The focus will be on helping young people learn more about themselves, strengthen self-confidence and teamwork skills.
We invite kids, between 10 & 15 years, to come and join us at the serene and picturesque Gurukulam for seven days replete with motivational talks and demonstrations, activities, games & films.
Swami Sarvananda is the resident Acharya of the Gurukulam.
Smt. Lalitha Ramachandran, has been an ardent student cum devotee of Pujya Swami Dayananda Saraswati and Sri Swami Paramarthananda for more than 3 decades. She
- Studied with Pujya Swami Dayananda Saraswati for 3 years as a resident student
- Conducts Vedanta & Sanskrit classes
- Has conducted several camps for children in Coimbatore.
- Is committed to inculcating values in children to make them grow to their full potential
Sri Pulluri Srinivas, is a graduate of a three year course in Vedanta and Sanskrit with Pujya Swami Dayananda Saraswati. He
- Worked as a teacher for 6 years with two years as activity coordinator at the reputed Oakridge International School, Hyderabad.
- Has been conducting one day workshops and residential & non-residential children’s camps of varying durations between one week and one month since 2000.
- Specializes in conducting ‘Value Oriented Educational Activities’ for children. Presently conducts these programs in over 75 different schools in and around Hyderabad under the banner ‘SUMEDHA’, where more than 25000 students have participated since 2013.
- Is a teacher of Yoga, Vedanta and Sanskrit
Please feel free to contact the camp co-ordinators for additional information.
- Art & Craft
- Stories from Mahabharata/Ramayana with emphasis on values & attitudes
- Performing 5 step Puja
- Introduction to ancient Indian knowledge
- Happy Assembly & Talent shows
- Spoken Sanskrit
- Temple Tour(s)
- Guest Lectures on health & nutrition, Story telling & enacting
May 15 to 22, 2016. Report by 4 PM on May 15, 2016 and leave after lunch on May 22.
10 to 15 years young
Healthy nutritious food including breakfast, two meals, milk, snacks. Special attention will be given to meeting children’s nutritional needs.
Boys and Girls will be accommodated separately in rooms under the observation of volunteers. These volunteers will take care of the children's needs. Total camp size will be 35-40.
Minimum donation of Rs. 2500/- per child. Though we are expecting to spend about Rs.4000-4500 on each child, we plan to be raising the balance from public sponsorship. So, if you want to contribute more you are welcome to do so.
Registrations are closed for this year..
Seats are limited. We can accommodate only a maximum of around 30 kids.
Admission is on first come, first served basis.
While we will strive to take best care of each child, in case of emergency parent/guardian will be expected to come and attend to the child.